A quick update!
We’ve been busy with work lately and have had little time for blogging as a result. Our business is growing and expanding with some new and [very!] exciting things — but we’ll share more about that later.
Tomorrow we leave Cuenca, and Tuesday (at 5:30am!!), we fly to Peru.
We’ve been in Ecuador almost three months. We’ve made several handfuls of new friends we hope to see again. We’ve made lots of memories. We’ve seen a lot of beautiful places…
But now we’re ready to go. On to the next adventure! On to the next challenge.
Ecuador was our first stop in our journey, and it taught us many things.
- how not to flush toilet paper because the pipes can’t always handle it
- how to be cool and keep doin’ what you’re doin’ even if people don’t understand
- how to live with less “stuff” (like clothing and shoe choices!)
- how to not spend money on useless objects
- how to live in a smaller space
- to appreciate a nice, sunny day
- to appreciate others’ lifestyle choices
- how to be more flexible and adaptable in unfavorable circumstances
- how to enjoy unfamiliar but delicious food (mote! ají!)
- how to deal with long, bumpy bus rides and elevation changes
- how to get things done in a different language
- how to get around without a car
- how to detach oneself from one’s smartphone
- how to function without one’s cats
- how to keep running a business while traveling and unpredictable Wi-Fi
- how to look forward to every new day’s possibilities
- how to keep in perspective what’s really important
- to appreciate one’s freedom
- how to sleep with lots of noise
- how to touch almost nothing in a filthy public bathroom you paid $0.20 to use
- how to [really!] enjoy cheap beer
We look forward to expanding this list as we continue on!
Our schedule for the next few weeks is almost nonstop travel … 16 days in Peru, 8 days in Bolivia, and 9 days in northern Argentinian wine country to recover 😀 Then we settle in Mendoza, Argentina for about two months before moving on to Santiago, Chile in mid January.
Love from your favorite nomad-preneurs,
Ben and Caitlin